Life sucks and stuff happens. When that stuff does happen and we don't know what to do. who do we turn to? We turn to our good old friend Google, where everyone's advice is available for the world to see. Advice that we all need for the situation we are in.
In some cases we might....I don't know.......say drop our phone in water? or a toilet? or a sink? or a puddle? Whatever the case might be, most of the articles on Google tell you to put it in rice. What if I were to tell you, with my 5 years of experience, when you put your phone in rice you are just making it worse?!
Let me explain, YES rice does absorb water! However, what happens to rice once it absorbs water and sits for a couple days? It starts to MOLD! Now think of whats going to happen to the inside of your phone now that it has all those rice minerals in it with all the water its absorbed?. At this point you must be saying, "damn well what can I do to absorb the water from my phone"
Let me tell you 3 DIFFERENT things you can do!
1: Silica Gel is great because you can find it at your closest Walmart store! silica gel are these little beads that absorb water like nobodies business. Please get the non-toxic beads. WARNING! do not eat & keep away from kids.
2: Cat / Kitty litter works great! It absorbs water and leaves a little bit of a residue behind but its like dust and can be blown out.
3: The sun. You must be like "how can the sun get rid of the water in my phone?" Well, If you leave the phone by the window on a nice warm summer day, your phone will get warm enough to evaporate the water in the phone. Yes water evaporates upwards and it will stick to the metal or plastic cover inside the phone that is shielding your screen ( depending on the device that is )
Now to sum up everything, DON'T PUT YOUR PHONE IN RICE. Take your phone to a repair specialist right away! If you are the type of person who like to DIY and try stuff at home well options 1, 2, & 3 are your best friend!